Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Friday, May 11th.
5 Good Nights
- C.C Sabathia: 8.0 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 10 K’s, W
- Stephen Strasburg: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 13 K’s, W
- Miguel Cabrera: 4-5, R, 3 RBI
- Derek Holland: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Brandon Inge: 1-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
Honorable Mention: Josh Hamilton, Robinson Cano, David Murphy, Wilson Betemit, Adam LaRoche, Eduardo Nunez, Nick Markakis, Yunel Escobar, Michael Brantley, Andy Dirks, Wei-Yin Chen, Kevin Correia, Henderson Alvarez, Max Scherzer, Derek Lowe
5 Bad Nights
- Bartolo Colon: 2.1 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 0 K’s
- Josh Beckett: 2.1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 2 K’s
- Jason Marquis: 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 K’s
- Robert Andino: 0-8
- Ben Zobrist: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Prince Fielder, Ian Desmond, Matt Wieters, Michael Young, Alfredo Aceves, Rafael Soriano, David Price, Tommy Hunter, Jim Johnson
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Chris Sale
- Frank Francisco
- David Ortiz
- Heath Bell
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up recently, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-4 last night. (.263, 5 R, 3 RBI, 1 Steal on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play last night. (.289, 6 Runs, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1 Steal on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Roy Halladay vs. San Diego Padres
3.28 ERA, 1.07 WHIP Better at home this year (2.57 ERA, 6 earned runs in 21 innings, .205 vs. 3.81 ERA, 12 earned runs in 28.1 innings, .241
Adam Wainwright vs. Atlanta Braves
5.61 ERA, 1.28 WHIP coming off seven innings, seven hits, one earned run 34:7 K:BB ratio
Shaun Marcum vs. Chicago Cubs
3.41 ERA 1.24 WHIP three earned runs in 14 innings against the Cubs last year (1.93 ERA)
Trevor Cahill vs. San Francisco Giants
3.26 ERA, 1.16 WHIP 6.55 ERA eight earned runs in 11 innings at home
Hector Noesi at New York Yankees
Yankees have won five of their last seven and have scored at least four runs in all seven of those games. 6.30 ERA 1.40 WHIP coming off 7 innings, four hits, one run against Minnesota
Jordan Zimmerman at Cincinnati Reds
4.1 innings pitched and three earned runs in Great American Ballpark last year allowed three runs two starts in a row
Ricky Nolasco vs. New York Mets
4-0, 2.72 ERA, 1.11 WHIP 7 innings pitched, 5 hits, one earned run against the Mets just over two weeks ago
Mark Buehrle vs. New York Mets
Buehrle has really taken to the National League so far (2.83 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) and pitched well against this same Mets squad just under three weeks ago (7.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER).
R.A. Dickey at Florida Marlins
3.76 ERA, 1.20 WHIP 7 innings pitched, three hits, one earned run against the Marlins just over two weeks ago coming off 8 innings, four hits, one earned run
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Troy Tulowitzki is 5-for-8 (.625) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Chris Capuano.
- Justin Upton is 7-for-10 (.700) in his career against today’s starter, Madison Bumgarner.
- Adam Jones is 5-for-13 (.385) in his career against today’s starter, Jeremy Hellickson.
- Adrian Gonzalez is 4-for-26 (.154) in his career against today’s starter, Ubaldo Jimenz.
- Alex Rodriguez is 3-for-18 (.167) in his career against today’s starter, Felix Hernandez.
- Andre Ethier is 1-for-8 (.125) in his career against today’s starter, Jamie Moyer.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Setting your pitching lineup for next week a little early? Make sure you check out Dave Shovein’s look at next week’s Double Starters first.
- Matthew Dewoskin tries to make sense of the closer carousel in this week’s edition of Blown Opportunities.
- Collin Hager is back with his patented HVaC system to adjust his top 50 rankings for all you premium subscribers. You haven’t subscribed yet? What are you waiting for?!?
- Albert Lang gives you this week’s Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-stars.
- Lenny Melnick takes a look at last night’s action and dedicates some extra time to Stephen Strasburg and Jason Kipnis on today’s episode of his award-winning podcast.