Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure you’re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing the FP911Challenge!
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Wednesday, May 30th.
5 Good Nights
- Carlos Gonzalez: 4-5, 3 R, 3 HR, 4 RBI
- Justin Smoak: 3-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- Carlos Quentin: 3-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- A.J. Burnett: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 K’s, W
- Francisco Liriano: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 9 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Lucas Duda, David Ortiz, Jimmy Rollins, Josh Willingham, Curtis Granderson, Darwin Barney, Drew Stubbs, Alejandro De Aza, Jason Kipnis, Tony Campana, Michael Cuddyer, Brian McCann, Jesus Montero, Dexter Fowler, Mark Trumbo, Freddie Freeman, Dustin Ackley, Miguel Cabrera, Carlos Gomez, Hanley Ramirez, Andre Ethier, Dayan Viciedo, Ian Kennedy, Tim Lincecum, Johnny Cueto, Dillon Gee, Brandon Morrow
5 Bad Nights
- Derek Holland: 1.2 IP, 8 H, 8 ER, 2 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Ryan Dempster: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 4 BB’s, 4 K’s
- Anthony Bass: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Adam Dunn: 0-5
- Carlos Lee: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Placido Polanco, Joe Mather, Mike Adams, Dale Thayer, Bobby Parnell, Jason Motte, Lucas Harrell, Jon Rauch, Joaquin Benoit, Kyle Lohse, Chien-Ming Wang, Ervin Santana, Andrew Cashner, Jeanmar Gomez, Tim Hudson, Clayton Kershaw, Christian Friedrich, Tyson Ross, Blake Beaven, Alex Cobb, Ivan Nova, Drew Smyly, Ivan Nova, Bruce Chen, Jason Hammel, Jon Lester
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Matt Kemp re-aggravated the same hamstring that kept him out for two weeks last night and will need another stint on the DL. Early reports have the Dodgers’ slugger missing up to a month.
- Troy Tulowitzki left last night’s game with a groin injury and could have stint on the disabled list in the future. More news to come on this one in tomorrow’s post.
- Alejandro De Aza left last night’s game after being hit in the knee during a pickoff attempt, but it looks like he’ll avoid missing any time as he was reportedly walking around the clubhouse after the game.
- David Hernandez filled-in for J.J. Putz (sore neck) and picked up the save for the Diamondbacks last night. Putz is still the closer in Arizona, but Hernandez might be a smart pickup in case Putz misses any time.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up recently, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 0-4 yesterday. (.274, 21 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-4 with a run and two RBI yesterday (.303, 21 Runs, 5 HR, 16 RBI, 8 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (1 Up), pitchers to sit (1 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing a Dart), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
(There’s only three games today, so I’m changing the titles on this one a bit for today)
Zack Greinke at Los Angeles Dodgers
Max Scherzer at Boston Red Sox
Throwing a Dart
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Houston Astros
Today’s Swings and Misses
- David Ortiz is 6-for-8 (.750) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Max Scherzer.
- Prince Fielder is 3-for-6 (.500) with three home runs in his career against today’s starter, Josh Beckett.
- Carlos Lee is 3-for-7 (.429) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Jeremy Guthrie.
- Adrian Gonzalez is 2-for-11 (.182) in his career against today’s starter, Max Scherzer.
- Brennan Boesch is 1-for-9 (.111) in his career against today’s starter, Josh Beckett.
- Corey Hart is hitless in 10 career at-bats against today’s starter, Chad Billingsley.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Matthew Dewoskin previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Albert Lang is back to look at who’s hot and who’s not in this week’s edition of Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-Stars.
- Patrick DiCaprio’s latest edition of his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm is a must-read for those of you chasing saves (who isn’t?!).
- Dan Stack’s identifies players that we should all be paying attention to in Week 9′s Players to Watch.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at this week’s player to add and drop in Added and Dropped: Knuckleballers and Old Farts.
- Lenny Melnick take a look at Stephen Pryor, Brett Lawrie, and whole lot more on today’s edition of his award-winning podcast.
- Don’t miss Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the crew on last night’s episode of the Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show.
- It’s only May, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.