Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Thursday, May 31st.
5 Good Nights
- Carlos Gonzalez: 3-4, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI, 1 steal
- Quintin Berry: 3-5, 2 R, RBI, 2 steals
- Delmon Young: 3-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Michael Cuddyer: 3-4, 2 R, 3 RBI
- Zack Greinke: 6.0 IP, 9 H, 1 ER, 7 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Aramis Ramirez, Marco Scutaro, Jordan Pacheco, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jed Lowrie, Jose Altuve, Miguel Cabrera
5 Bad Nights
- Bud Norris: 1.2 IP, 7 H, 9 ER, 3 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Jeremy Guthrie: 7.0 IP, 12 H, 5 ER, 1 K, W
- Anthony Bass: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB’s, 8 K’s
- Andre Ethier: 0-5
- Norichika Aoki: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Josh Beckett
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Troy Tulowitzki (groin) was placed on the 15-day disabled list yesterday after leaving Wednesday night’s game.
- Yoenis Cespedes (hand) is expected to be activated for tonight’s game against Kansas City.
- Dustin Pedroia (thumb) has yet to placed on the disabled list, but the rumors swirling around Boston indicate that the Red Sox will do so if his condition doesn’t improve within the next day or two.
- Huston Street (lat) is due to begin a rehab assignment and could return to the Padres within the next two weeks. It might be smart to check your waivers to see if any owners in your league got impatient with the Padres’ closer.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up recently, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: The Nationals did not play yesterday. (.274, 21 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play yesterday (.303, 21 Runs, 5 HR, 16 RBI, 8 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Stephen Strasburg vs. Atlanta Braves
David Price vs. Baltimore Orioles
C.C. Sabathia at Detroit Tigers
Chris Capuano at Colorado Rockies
Clay Buchholz at Toronto Blue Jays
Rick Porcello vs. New York Yankees
Felipe Paulino vs. Oakland A’s
Mark Buehrle at Philadelphia Phillies
Wade Miley at San Diego Padres
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Nelson Cruz is 5-for-6 (.833) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Jerome Williams.
- Dan Uggla is 6-for-8 (.750) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Stephen Strasburg.
- Miguel Cabrera is 10-for-20 (.429) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, C.C. Sabathia.
- A.J. Pierzynski is 6-for-29 (.207) in his career against today’s starter, Felix Hernandez.
- Adam Jones is 3-for-20 (.150) in his career against today’s starter, David Price.
- Howard Kendrick is 3-for-17 (.176) in his career against today’s starter, Colby Lewis.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a look at the closer carousel in the latest edition of Missed Opportunities.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at the Rockies’ hot corner job in this week’s Position Battles.
- Looking ahead to next week’s pitching matchups? Don’t miss Dave Shovein and his Double Starters preview!
- Don’t miss reading about our second inductee into the Alternate Universe Baseball Hall of Fame!
- Lenny Melnick take a look at the Colorado Rockies and whole lot more on today’s edition of his award-winning podcast.
- Don’t miss Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the crew on this week’s episode of the Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show.
- It’s only May, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.