Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure you’re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing the FP911Challenge! Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry, Dan Stack’s got you covered with a quick tutorial and some tips for the upcoming week.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Saturday, June 9th.
5 Good Nights
- Ben Zobrist: 3-3, 4 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- Chris Sale: 8.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 7 K’s, W
- Tyler Colvin: 3-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Mike Trout: 3-5, 3 R, 2 RBI, 2 steals
- Kyle Lohse: 7.2 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 4 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Adam Dunn, Dee Gordon, Alex Presley, Jerry Hairston Jr., Albert Pujols, Miguel Montero, Trevor Plouffe, Elliot Johnson, Jose Molina, Gordon Beckham, Torii Hunter, Hunter Pence, Alejandro De Aza, Jason Kubel, Joe Mauer, Michael Bourn, Tommy Hanson, Ryan Vogelsong, Clayton Kershaw, Trevor Cahill, Bronson Arroyo, Justin Masterson, Tommy Hunter, Dillon Gee, Phil Hughes, Gio Gonzalez, Justin Verlander, Scott Feldman, Vance Worley, Scott Diamond
5 Bad Nights
- Carlos Zambrano: 2.1 IP, 5 H, 7 ER, 3 BB’s, 1 K
- Jeff Francis: 3.1 IP, 10 H, 8 ER, BB, 1 K
- Jeff Samardzija: 3.2 IP, 9 H, 8 ER, BB, K
- Corey Hart: 0-5
- Matt Joyce: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: A.J. Pierzynski, Wilson Betemit, J.J. Hardy, Erick Aybar, Mike Fontenot, Mark Trumbo, Zack Cozart, Jarrod Parker, Zach Stewart, Jordan Lyles, Jason Vargas, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Vin Mazzaro, Drew Hutchison, Dan Haren, James McDonald, Guillermo Moscoso, Michael Fiers
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- With Brian Fuentes looking like, well Brian Fuentes, the A’s are going to a closer-by-committee situation with Fuentes, Grant Balfour, and Ryan Cook. This situation doesn’t seem all that appealing, but if you’re going to take a chance on anyone, it should probably be Cook.
- Pablo Sandoval (hand) returned to the Giants lineup yesterday, so make sure you’ve got Big Panda back in your lineups, as well.
- Brett Gardner (elbow) had a setback and will be out until at least the All-Star break. I’ve been holding onto him until now, but I think he’s becoming very close to being droppable if you need your DL spot.
- Brian Roberts (concussions) is expected to return to the Orioles lineup Tuesday and might be a player to take a flier on if you’re weak at second base.
- Carlos Zambrano left yesterday’s start with a stiff lower back and may miss a start or two.
- Salvador Perez (knee) is progressing in his rehab and is currently targeting a return to the lineup at the end of June.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 0-3 with one run yesterday. (.282, 26 R, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 3 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 3-5 with two runs, two RBI, and 2 steals yesterday. (.349, 31 Runs, 5 HR, 24 RBI, 13 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Cliff Lee at Baltimore Orioles
Yovani Gallardo vs. San Diego Padres
Ryan Dempster at Minnesota Twins
Ubaldo Jimenez at St. Louis Cardinals
Ervin Santana at Colorado Rockies
Anthony Bass at Milwaukee Brewers
Francisco Liriano vs. Chicago Cubs
A.J. Burnett vs. Kansas City Royals
Chad Billingsley at Seattle Mariners
Today’s Swings and Misses
- David Wright is 10-for-21 (.476) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Andy Pettitte.
- Carlos Gonzalez is 6-for-12 (.500) in his career against today’s starter, Ervin Santana.
- Jason Bay is 14-for-32 (.438) with a home run in his career against today’s starter, Andy Pettitte.
- Kurt Suzuki is 2-for-31 (.065) in his career against today’s starter, Joe Saunders.
- Jeff Francoeur is 2-for-12 (.167) in his career against today’s starter, A.J. Burnett.
- Alex Gordon is 3-for-18 (.167) in his career against today’s starter, A.J. Burnett.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Greg Marta previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Patrick DiCaprio and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm (CIA) give you some predictions for the upcoming week.
- Collin Hager looks ahead and gives you a preview of guys to Hit or Ditch this week.
- Greg Marta is looking ahead as well, but he’s giving you a look at Pitching Matchups to Watch for this week.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes an in-depth look at BABIP with two special Leaders and Laggards editions.
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and his HVaC rankings are always a must-read in my book.
- Chuck Anderson brings you a look at a Position Battle going on in left field for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- This season has had an abundance of closer news, and Matthew Dewoskin is here to give you the latest in this week’s Blown Opportunities.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.