Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure you’re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing the FP911Challenge! Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry, Dan Stack’s got you covered with a quick tutorial and some tips for the upcoming week.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Sunday, June 10th.
5 Good Nights
- Mark Trumbo: 2-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- Ryan Dempster: 8.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 6 K’s, W
- Russell Martin: 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Jason Kipnis: 3-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, 1 steal
- Chad Billingsley: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 8 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Carlos Gonzalez, Andrew McCutchen, Torii Hunter, Jose Altuve, Austin Jackson, Chase Headley, Andre Ethier, Todd Frazier, Colby Rasmus, Ryan Braun, Justin Maxwell, Tyler Colvin, Brett Lawrie, Starlin Castro, Jonathon Niese, A.J. Burnett, Jon Lester, Ubaldo Jimenez, Yovani Gallardo, Jordan Zimmerman, James Shields, Andy Pettitte, Joe Saunders, Joe Kelly
5 Bad Nights
- John Axford: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 2 BB’s, 1 K
- Jason Motte: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, BB, 2 K’s
- Aroldis Chapman: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, BB, K
- Jose Reyes: 0-5
- Mike Napoli: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Todd Helton, Ty Wigginton, Jed Lowrie, Bobby Parnell, Jon Rauch, Rafael Soriano, Blake Beavan, Brandon League, Christian Friedrich, Ervin Santana, Scott Downs, Alfredo Aceves, Drew Smyly, Philip Humber, Julio Teheran, Tim Lincecum, Ricky Romero, Francisco Liriano, Anthony Bass, Cliff Lee, Anibal Sanchez, Travis Blackley, Jason Hammel
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- With the White Sox playing in St. Louis for their next three games, Adam Dunn will reportedly take Dayan Viciedo‘s spot in the outfield, so make sure you have Viciedo on your bench until the weekend.
- After bruising his hand in yesterday’s outing, Andy Pettitte reportedly won’t miss his next start against Washington.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper did not start yesterday as he was nursing a minor back injury, but he did score a run after pinch-hitting in the ninth. (.282, 27 R, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 3 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 2-5 with two runs yesterday. (.350, 33 Runs, 5 HR, 24 RBI, 13 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (1 Up), pitchers to sit (1 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing a Dart), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
(There’s only four games today, so I’m changing the titles on this one a bit for today)
Brandon Morrow vs. Washington Nationals
Randall Delgado vs. New York Yankees
Throwing a Dart
Ivan Nova at Atlanta Braves
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Albert Pujols is 18-for-33 (.545) with five home runs in his career against today’s starter, Chris Capuano.
- Colby Rasmus is 6-for-10 (.600) with one home run in his career against today’s starter, Edwin Jackson.
- Torii Hunter is 7-for-15 (.467) with one home run in his career against today’s starter, Chris Capuano.
- Jose Reyes is 1-for-14 (.071) in his career against today’s starter, Josh Beckett.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Patrick DiCaprio previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- As we head into interleague play, Dan Stack identifies some Players to Watch for this week.
- Patrick DiCaprio and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm (CIA) give you some predictions for the upcoming week.
- Collin Hager looks ahead and gives you a preview of guys to Hit or Ditch this week.
- Greg Marta is looking ahead as well, but he’s giving you a look at Pitching Matchups to Watch for this week.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes an in-depth look at BABIP with two special Leaders and Laggards editions.
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and his HVaC rankings are always a must-read in my book.
- Chuck Anderson brings you a look at a Position Battle going on in left field for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- This season has had an abundance of closer news, and Matthew Dewoskin is here to give you the latest in this week’s Blown Opportunities.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.