Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Saturday, June 16th.
5 Good Nights
- Ervin Santana: 9.0 IP, H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Jason Hammel: 9.0 IP, H, 0 ER, 8 K’s, W
- Ryan Braun: 3-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Pedro Alvarez: 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Matt Holliday: 7.2 IP, 8 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s
Honorable Mention: Matt Holliday, Yadier Molina, Casey McGehee, Mike Moustakas, Brian Roberts, Ryan Theriot, Ian Kinsler, Alexei Ramirez, Jesus Montero, Yunel Escobar, Homer Bailey, Doug Fister, Michael Fiers, Andy Pettitte, Tyson Ross, Jordan Zimmerman
5 Bad Nights
- Bruce Chen: 1.2 IP, 7 H, 6 ER
- J.A. Happ: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 2 BB’s, 6 K’s
- Lucas Harrell: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 K’s
- Bryce Harper: 0-7
- Giancarlo Stanton: 0-7
Dishonorable Mention: Jim Thome, Greg Dobbs, Shin-Soo Choo, Hideki Matsui, Ryan Zimmerman, Russell Martin, Dustin Pedroia, Nyjer Morgan, Desmond Jennings, Omar Infante, B.J. Upton, Matt Joyce, Luke Gregerson, Greg Holland, Brad Lidge, Chad Billingsley, Philip Humber, Joaquin Benoit, Ricky Romero, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ross Ohlendorf, Kevin Millwood, Jonathon Niese, Jeff Samardzija
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went o-7 yesterday. (.289, 30 R, 7 HR, 19 RBI, 4 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 0-4 yesterday. (.326, 35 Runs, 6 HR, 26 RBI, 16 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Zack Greinke at Minnesota Twins
Colby Lewis vs. Houston Astros
Madison Bumgarner at Seattle Mariners
Bud Norris at Texas Rangers
Edwin Jackson vs. New York Yankees
Max Scherzer vs. Colorado Rockies
Bartolo Colon vs. San Diego Padres
Garrett Richards vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Wei-Yin Chen at Atlanta Braves
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Alex Rodriguez is 9-for-24 (.375) with three home runs in his career against today’s starter, Edwin Jackson.
- Miguel Cabrera is 5-for-14 (.357) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Jeremy Guthrie.
- David Wright is 5-for-14 (.357) with one home run in his career against today’s starter, Johnny Cueto.
- David DeJesus is 5-for-27 (.185) in his career against today’s starter, Josh Beckett.
- Ben Zobrist is 1-for-9 (.111) in his career against today’s starter, Josh Johnson.
- Justin Morneau is 5-for-32 (.156) in his career against today’s starter, Zack Greinke.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a spin on the closer carousel in this week’s Blown Opportunities.
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and his HVaC rankings are always a must-read in my book.
- Dave Shovein takes a look ahead at next week’s pitchers in Double Starters.
- Albert Lang is back with one of my favorite articles of the week: The Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-stars.
- Don’t forget to check out Patrick DiCaprio and the crew on this week’s episode of The Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.