Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Monday, June 18th.
5 Good Nights
- R.A. Dickey: 9.0 IP, H, 0 ER, 13 K’s, W
- C.C. Sabathia: 9.0 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 10 K’s, W
- Aaron Hill: 4-4, 3 R, HR, RBI (if only you got fantasy points for hitting for the cycle…)
- Brett Lawrie: 2-5, 3 R, HR, RBI, 1 steal
- Mike Trout: 1-4, R, 3 steals
Honorable Mention: Aramis Ramirez, Ike Davis, Justin Maxwell, Derek Jeter, Brian Bixler, Lonnie Chisenhall, Luis Valbuena, Shin-Soo Choo, Jay Bruce, Starlin Castro, Ryan Theriot, Alfonso Soriano, Bryan LaHair, Brandon Belt, Wade Miley, Jason Marquis, Matt Harrison, J.A. Happ
5 Bad Nights
- Brett Myers: 0.2 IP, 8 H, 5 ER
- Mat Latos: 4.0 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 4 K’s
- Henderson Alvarez: 4.0 IP, 11 H, 6 ER, 2 BB’s, 1 K
- Mike Napoli: 0-4, 3 K’s
- Chris Davis: 0-4, 3 K’s
Dishonorable Mention: Chris Heisey, Jerome Williams, Derek Lowe, Zach Stewart, Chris Perez, Mike Minor, Hector Noesi, Randy Wolf
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Evan Longoria (hamstring) had a bit of a setback yesterday as he felt tightness in his partially torn left hamstring. The Rays’ star was targeting a return to the lineup tomorrow, but it looks like we’ll all have to cross our fingers that this is more of a “day or two setback” than a “week or two setback”.
- Jered Weaver (back) will return to the Angels’ rotation tomorrow against the Giants, which will push Dan Haren‘s start to Friday. Weaver will be limited in his first start off the disabled list to 80-90 pitches.
- Shaun Marcum will miss his start tonight due to tightness in his elbow. The Brewers haven’t offered any more information than that, but as we know, elbow injuries are always worrisome when it comes to pitchers.
- Brandon McCarthy (shoulder) managed to avoid a trip to the disabled list and will start for the A’s tonight as they host the Dodgers.
- This is pure speculation, but I’m guessing we’ll be seeing Anthony Rizzo in the Majors within the next two weeks. Rizzo has been tearing up Triple-A, and after this Friday, the Cubs can call him up without losing a year of contract control.
- John Danks has a tendon tear in his left shoulder and is out indefinitely. I’m not sure why anyone other than an inactive owner would still own the lefty, but if you do, it’s time to cut bait.
- Nick Markakis (right wrist) will start swinging a bat later this week and could return to the Orioles’ lineup sometime next week.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: The Nationals did not play yesterday. (.294, 30 R, 7 HR, 19 RBI, 4 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-4 with one run and three steals. (.323, 36 Runs, 6 HR, 27 RBI, 19 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
David Price at Washington Nationals
C.J. Wilson vs. San Francisco Giants
Cole Hamels vs. Colorado Rockies
Tim Hudson at New York Yankees
Edinson Volquez vs. Texas Rangers
Barry Zito at Los Angeles Angels
Wandy Rodriguez vs. Kansas City Royals
Brandon McCarthy vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Scott Diamond at Pittsburgh Pirates
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Alex Rodriguez is 15-for-42 (.357) with three home runs in his career against today’s starter, Tim Hudson.
- David Ortiz is 20-for-58 (.345) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Mark Buehrle.
- Ryan Ludwick is 9-for-26 (.346) with three home runs in his career against today’s starter, Derek Lowe.
- Melky Cabrera is 1-for-10 (.100) in his career against today’s starter, C.J. Wilson.
- Adrian Beltre is 1-for-9 (.111) in his career against today’s starter, Edinson Volquez.
- Russell Martin is 1-for-12 (.083) in his career against today’s starter, Tim Hudson.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Chuck Anderson, takes a look at today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Chuck Anderson is Feeling Minnesota in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- Dan Stack examines some Players to Watch for this week as we approach the end of interleague play.
- Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm give predictions to help you stay one step ahead of the closer carousel!
- With Brandon Morrow hitting the DL, Chuck Anderson examines the Blue Jays’ starting rotation in the latest edition of Position Battles.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.