Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Tuesday, June 19th.
5 Good Nights
- Jose Bautista: 2-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Colby Rasmus: 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Josh Harrison: 3-5, 3 R, HR, RBI, 2 steals
- Brandon McCarthy: 7.0 IP, 2 H, ER, 5 K’s, W
- Luke Hochevar: 7.2 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 6 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Andrew McCutchen, Mike Trout, Ichiro Suzuki, Mark Trumbo, Coco Crisp, Aramis Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Albert Pujols, Carlos Ruiz, Brendan Ryan, Logan Morrison, Kyle Seager, Paul Goldschmidt, Jimmy Rollins, Jake Peavy, Cole Hamels, Justin Verlander, Wandy Rodriguez, Mike Leake, Josh Tomlin, Johan Santana, David Price, Scott Feldman, Travis Wood, Kevin Correia
5 Bad Nights
- Aroldis Chapman: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER
- Barry Zito: 3.1 IP, 9 H, 8 ER, 3 BB’s, K
- Daniel Hudson: 4.0 IP, 10 H, 7 ER, 2 BB’s, 6 K’s
- Jose Reyes: 0-5
- Kelly Johnson: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Gregor Blanco, Justin Upton, Jose Tabata, Norichika Aoki, Will Venable, John Axford, Chien-Ming Wang, Mark Buehrle, Edinson Volquez, Lance Lynn, Erasmo Ramirez, Tyler Thornburg, Josh Outman, Clay Buchholz, Aaron Harang, Tommy Hunter, Scott Diamond
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Jose Valverde injured his wrist while warming up in the bullpen last night and will undergo an MRI today. I’ll update this as soon as I hear something, but we should all be grabbing Joaquin Benoit in case this Valverde ends up missing any time.
- Brandon Beachy (elbow) has been diagnosed with a partially torn UCL and will receive a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews today. Surgery is looking very likely at this point, so make sure you get yourself mentally prepared to drop the young righty.
- Dustin Pedroia left last night’s game with a thumb injury (yes, the same thumb he injured last month) and will be examined today.
- Carlos Gonzalez (knee) was available to pinch-hit last night and is reportedly ready to return to the lineup for tonight’s game.
- John Axford allowed at least two runs for the fourth time in his last six appearances, and while he may not be in immediate danger of losing the closer’s role just yet, I’ll be picking up Francisco Rodriguez just in case the Brewers decide to give Axford some time to straighten things out.
- Jeremy Hellickson has been placed on the disabled list with shoulder fatigue and is hoping to only miss two starts as X-rays came back negative.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 0-3 yesterday. (.289, 30 R, 7 HR, 19 RBI, 4 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 4-4 with four runs yesterday. (.337, 40 Runs, 6 HR, 27 RBI, 19 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Yu Darvish at San Diego Padres
Stephen Strasburg vs. Tampa Bay Rays
Jered Weaver vs. San Francisco Giants
Tommy Hanson at New York Yankees
Jason Vargas at Arizona Diamondbacks
Jake Westbrook at Detroit Tigers
Phil Hughes vs. Atlanta Braves
Trevor Cahill vs. Seattle Mariners
Felix Doubront vs. Miami Marlins
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Justin Morneau is 11-for-27 (.407) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Erik Bedard.
- Shin-Soo Choo is 6-for-12 (.500) with four home runs in his career against today’s starter, Bronson Arroyo.
- Miguel Cabrera is 6-for-10 (.600) with one home run in his career against today’s starter, Jake Westbrook.
- Alfonso Soriano is 3-for-15 (.200) in his career against today’s starter, Gavin Floyd.
- Joey Votto is 1-for-9 (.111) in his career against today’s starter, Justin Masterson.
- Melky Cabrera is 3-for-15 (.200) in his career against today’s starter, Jered Weaver.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Collin Hager takes a look at today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Chuck Anderson is Feeling Minnesota in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- Lenny Melnick and his award-winning podcast take a look at last night’s action and a whole lot more in today’s episode.
- Don’t forget to check out Patrick DiCaprio and the crew on tonight’s Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show at 9 PM (Eastern).
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.