Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure you’re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing the FP911Challenge. Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry, Dan Stack’s got you covered with a quick tutorial and some tips for this week!
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Monday, June 25th.
5 Good Nights
- David Ortiz: 2-3, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Eric Hosmer: 2-4, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, 1 steal
- Colby Rasmus: 3-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Mat Latos: 9.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 13 K’s, W
- Luke Hochevar: 9.0 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 8 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Miguel Cabrera, Robinson Cano, Dewayne Wise, Pablo Sandoval, Jimmy Rollins, Jesus Guzman, Yadier Molina, Elliot Johnson, Alcides Escobar, Alex Gordon, Ben Revere, Joe Mauer, Jesus Flores, Carlos Beltran, Jason Castro, Matt Holliday, Adrian Beltre, Erasmo Ramirez, Barry Zito, Joe Blanton, Francisco Liriano, Hiroki Kuroda, Ricky Nolasco, Travis Wood, Tommy Milone, Rick Porcello
5 Bad Nights
- Alex Cobb: 8.0 IP, 13 H, 8 ER, K
- Justin Grimm: 1.0 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, BB
- Heath Bell: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, BB, K
- Daniel Nava: 0-5
- Bryce Harper: 0-4, 3 K’s
Dishonorable Mention: Chris Heisey, Michael Martinez, Joe Nathan, Aroldis Chapman, Wade Davis, Jonathan Sanchez, Mike Minor, R.A. Dickey, Cliff Lee, Jesse Chavez, Josh Tomlin, Nate Eovaldi, Felix Doubront, Wandy Rodriguez, Henderson Alvarez, Jeff Karstens, Ross Ohlendorf
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- As expected, Anthony Rizzo got called up by the Cubs yesterday and he is expected to make his first start today. At this point, Rizzo should be considered a must-add for any owners who needs help at first base, corner infield, or utility.
- In other prospect news, the Rangers called up their top pitching prospect, Martin Perez, this morning and will likely use him in a relief role for the the foreseeable future.
- Jared Burton got the save for the Twins last night, but this still looks like a closer-by-committee situation as Glen Perkins faced a lefty-heavy lineup in the eighth inning.
- No surprise here, but Chris Carpenter experience a setback yesterday, and his plans to being a rehab assignment have been scrapped for the time being.
- Bryce Harper: Harper went 0-4 yesterday. (.280, 32 R, 7 HR, 20 RBI, 7 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play yesterday. (.338, 43 Runs, 7 HR, 29 RBI, 21 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Clayton Kershaw at San Francisco Giants
C.J. Wilson at Baltimore Orioles
Gio Gonzalez at Colorado Rockies
Justin Masterson at New York Yankees
Daniel Hudson at Atlanta Braves
Daisuke Matsuzaka vs. Toronto Blue Jays
Dillon Gee at Chicago Cubs
Phil Hughes vs. Cleveland Indians
Jason Vargas vs. Oakland A’s
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Joe Mauer is 17-for-39 (.436) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Gavin Floyd.
- Denard Span is 15-for-29 (.517) with four RBI in his career against today’s starter, Gavin Floyd.
- Skip Schumaker is 12-for-36 (.333) with one home run in his career against today’s starter, Ricky Nolasco.
- Curtis Granderson is 1-for-11 (.091) in his career against today’s starter, Justin Masterson.
- Mark Teixeira is 1-for-10 (.182) in his career against today’s starter, Justin Masterson.
- Brandon Belt is 1-for-10 (.100) in his career against today’s starter, Clayton Kershaw.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm are back to help keep you one step ahead of the curve when it comes to predicted closers!
- Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock, Roy Oswalt is back. Chuck Anderson takes a look at the Rangers’ new pitcher, as well as some other players to grab or kick to the curb in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- Chuck Anderson examines the Position Battle at second base for the St. Louis Cardinals and lets you know how it affects your fantasy team.
- Dan Stack put together an extremely helpful list of Players to Watch for this week. Make sure you don’t miss it!
- Greg Marta gives a pitching-focused view of the previous article in Pitching Matchups to Watch for this week.
- You want more Leaders and Laggards? Matthew Dewoskin’s got a double-dip look at Pitchers’ K/BB ratio with Leaders and Laggards.
- He’s back! Don’t miss Lenny Melnick on today’s podcast as he covers Anthony Rizzo, Trevor Bauer, and a whole lot more fantasy baseball goodness!
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.