Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Saturday, June 2nd.
5 Good Nights
- R.A. Dickey: 9.0 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 9 K’s, W
- Hanley Ramirez: 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Miguel Cabrera: 3-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Ichiro Suzuki: 2-6, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Stephen Strasburg: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 9 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Joey Votto, Michael Saunders, David DeJesus, Alex Rios, Hunter Pence, Michael Saunders, Juan Pierre, Rickie Weeks, Tony Campana, Dewayne Wise, Drew Stubbs, Gordon Beckham, Brandon Phillips, Joe Mauer, Trevor Plouffe, Brooks Conrad, J.D. Martinez, Nick Punto, Jed Lowrie, Matt Cain, Brian Matusz, Daniel Hudson, Shaun Marcum, Hiroki Kuroda, Jeremy Hellickson, Brandon Beachy, Felix Doubront, C.J. Wilson, Aaron Harang, Brandon McCarthy, Edison Volquez, Matt Garza, Rick Porcello, Yu Darvish
5 Bad Nights
- Erik Bedard: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 3 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Addison Reed: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 K
- Wandy Rodriguez: 5.0 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 2 BB’s, 3 K’s
- Paul Konerko: 0-5
- Adrian Gonzalez: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Kyle Seager, Raul Ibanez, Brandon Inge, Adam Dunn, Carlos Gomez, Alexei Ramirez, Mike Aviles, Dustin Ackley, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Jordan Walden, Javy Guerra, Hector Noesi, Luke Hochevar, Mat Latos, Juan Nicasio, Grant Balfour, Jose Valverde, Gavin Floyd, Brandon League, P.J. Walters, Josh Tomlin, Cole Hamels, Kyle Drabek
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Santiago Casilla owners can breathe easy as his injury from Friday night has been reported as a leg bruise. Sergio Romo picked up a one-out save last night and is a good short-term add for save-needy owners, but it looks like Casilla will be able to resume closing sooner rather than later.
- Dustin Pedroia swung the bat well in batting practice yesterday and will take swings again today and tomorrow as the Red Sox’ second baseman targets a Tuesday return to the lineup. He’s still not out of the woods yet, but it sounds like Pedroia will be able to avoid a stint on the disabled list for now.
- Carlos Lee has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a hamstring injury. There is no timetable for his return, but this doesn’t sound like it will keep him out more than the the expected two weeks.
- Albert Pujols will see some action at third base when the Angels begin interleague games next week. Pujols already has one start at third and six more starts would put him three games shy of having third base eligibility in most leagues.
- Evan Longoria‘s rehab is reportedly progressing well and the Rays star is targeting June 15th for the start of a rehab stint. As long as everything goes as planned, Longoria could be back in the lineup by the end of June.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up recently, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-2 yesterday. (.278, 21 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 2-4 for a run and a stolen base yesterday (.315, 23 Runs, 5 HR, 19 RBI, 9 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Justin Verlander vs. New York Yankees
Chris Sale vs. Seattle Mariners
Gio Gonzalez vs. Atlanta Braves
Phil Hughes at Detroit Tigers
Jake Arrieta at Tampa Bay Rays
Matt Moore vs. Baltimore Orioles
Justin Masterson vs. Minnesota Twins
Carlos Zambrano at Philadelphia Phillies
Trevor Cahill at San Diego Padres
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Adrian Beltre is 24-for-53 (.453) with three home runs in his career against today’s starter, Dan Haren.
- Miguel Cabrera is 7-for-14 (.500) with three home runs in his career against today’s starter, Phil Hughes.
- Josh Hamilton is 6-for-15 (.400) with a home run in his career against today’s starter, Dan Haren.
- Mark Teixeira is 3-for-25 (.120) in his career against today’s starter, Justin Verlander.
- Erick Aybar is 1-for-13 (.077) in his career against today’s starter, Matt Harrison.
- Jose Bautista is hitless in nine career at-bats against today’s starter, Daniel Bard.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Greg Marta previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Collin Hager looks ahead to this week’s hitters to start/sit in this week’s Hit or Ditch.
- Having trouble on how to allocate your free agent budget? Markus Potter has you covered in his latest FAABwire post.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a look at the closer carousel in the latest edition of Missed Opportunities.
- Chuck Anderson examines at the Rockies’ hot corner job in this week’s Position Battles.
- Looking ahead to next week’s pitching matchups? Don’t miss Dave Shovein and his Double Starters preview!
- Meet J.R. Richard; our second inductee into the Alternate Universe Baseball Hall of Fame!
- Don’t miss Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the crew on this week’s episode of the Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.