Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure you’re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing the FP911Challenge!
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Monday, June 4th.
5 Good Nights
- Jarrod Parker: 8.0 IP, H, 0 ER, 6 K’s, W
- Christian Friedrich: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 4 K’s, W
- Kendrys Morales: 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Ben Revere: 3-5, 2 R, 2 RBI, 1 steal
- Mike Trout: 4-4, R, 2 RBI
Honorable Mention: Jamey Carroll, Placido Polanco, Brandon Inge, Josh Willingham, Allen Craig, Wilin Rosario, Mike Moustakas, Kila Ka’aihue, Munenori Kawasaki, Seth Smith, Ryan Vogelsong, Dillon Gee, Kyle Lohse
5 Bad Nights
- Scott Feldman: 1.2 IP, 7 H, 8 ER, BB, 3 K’s
- Ervin Santana: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 6 BB’s, K
- Will Smith: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 2 BB’s, 3 K’s
- Carlos Beltran: 0-5
- Ichiro Suzuki: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Ryan Doumit, Mark Trumbo, Vance Worley, Jason Vargas, Carlos Marmol, Jonathan Papelbon
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Desmond Jennings (knee) will make his return to the Rays’ lineup today, so make sure he’s back in your lineup too!
- Dustin Pedroia will also be returning to the Red Sox lineup today, although I’m still a little dubious as to how well that hurt thumb of his is going to hold up.
- Santiago Casilla (leg bruise) was held out of the Giants’ game for the third-straight day, but reportedly won’t require a DL stint. Sergio Romo and Jeremy Affeldt filled the closer’s role admirably, but it looks like they’ll be relegated to set-up men again starting tonight or tomorrow.
- Tom Wilhelmsen picked up his first save for the Mariners last night as they defeated the Angels. Brandon League will most likely reclaim the role at some point in the near future, but he’s still struggling and Wilhelmsen should be owned by anyone that needs saves (or trade bait).
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: The Nationals did not play yesterday. (.288, 22 R, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 4-4 with one run and two RBI yesterday (.338, 24 Runs, 5 HR, 22 RBI, 9 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Cliff Lee vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Yovani Gallardo vs. Chicago Cubs
Tim Lincecum at San Diego Padres
James Shields at New York Yankees
Ubaldo Jimenez at Detroit Tigers
Tim Hudson at Miami Marlins
Homer Bailey vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Anthony Bass vs. San Francisco Giants
Francisco Liriano at Kansas City Royals
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Robinson Cano is 25-for-62 (.403) with four home runs in his career against today’s starter, James Shields.
- Carlos Pena is 13-for-40 (.325) with six home runs in his career against today’s starter, Andy Pettitte.
- David Ortiz is 6-for-12 (.500) with a home run in his career against today’s starter, Jason Hammel.
- Chris Davis is hitless in 13 career at-bats against today’s starter, Jon Lester.
- Giancarlo Stanton is 2-for-12 (.167) in his career against today’s starter, Tim Hudson.
- Nyjer Morgan is hitless in 17 career at-bats against today’s starter, Ryan Dempster.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Chuck Anderson previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Chuck Anderson focuses on players to target for strikeouts in this week’s edition of Added and Dropped.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a look at a very important ratio in the latest Leaders and Laggards: K/9 Edition.
- Patrick DiCaprio’s Closer Identifier Algorithm is always a MUST-READ for anyone chasing saves, and this week’s Results Edition is no different.
- Don’t miss today’s edition of Lenny Melnick’s award-winning podcast where he recaps yesterday’s action and spends some extra time devoted to Allen Craig and Starlin Castro.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.