Each and every day, I’ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writers’ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure you’re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing the FP911Challenge!
Before we get to today’s games, let’s take a spin through last night’s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Wednesday, June 6th.
5 Good Nights
- Zack Greinke: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 12 K’s, W
- Brandon Morrow: 9.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Bartolo Colon: 8.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Rajai Davis: 3-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 steals
- Paul Goldschmidt: 3-4, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
Honorable Mention: Adam LaRoche, Kendrys Morales, Kyle Seager, Andrew McCutchen, Ryan Ludwick, Ty Wigginton, Yeonis Cespedes, Jos Beckett, Wade Miley, Ivan Nova, Colby Lewis, Josh Johnson, Johnny Cueto, Edwin Jackson, Wei-Yin Chen, Randall Delgado, Jose Quintana
5 Bad Nights
- Max Scherzer: 4.1 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Paul Maholm: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, BB, 3 K’s
- Brad Lincoln: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 2 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Andre Ethier: 0-5
- Justin Smoak: 0-5
Dishonorable Mention: Miguel Olivo, Carlos Gomez, Justin Maxwell, Fernando Martinez, Carlos Santana, Carlos Marmol, Hector Santiago, Josh Outman, Hector Noesi, Jeanmar Gomez, Jerome Williams, Kyle Kendrick, Chris Capuano, Clayton Richard, Madison Bumgarner
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- According to reports, Evan Longoria (hamstring), could return to the Rays’ lineup within two weeks.
- Derek Holland has been placed on the 15-day DL with shoulder fatigue, and Alexei Ogando will been moved into the Rangers’ rotation while Holland recovers.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka will make his first start of the season this Saturday against the Washington Nationals.
- The Nationals activated Brad Lidge from the disabled list and placed Henry Rodriguez on the aforementioned list with a strained finger in a corresponding move.
- Trout/Harper Watch: With two of baseball’s best prospects being called-up last month, I’m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Here’s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-5 with one run and one steal yesterday. (.285, 23 R, 5 HR, 14 RBI, 3 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-4 with a run yesterday (.329, 25 Runs, 5 HR, 22 RBI, 9 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of today’s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Today’s Swings and Misses).
Matt Cain at San Diego Padres
Cole Hamels vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Yu Darvish at Oakland Athletics
Brandon McCarthy vs. Texas Rangers
Henderson Alvarez at Chicago White Sox
David Price at New York Yankees
Mark Buehrle vs. Atlanta Braves
Edinson Volquez vs. San Francisco Giants
J.A. Happ vs. St. Louis Cardinals
Today’s Swings and Misses
- Andre Ethier is 12-for-28 (.429) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Brandon McCarthy.
- J.J. Hardy is 4-for-6 (.666) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Clay Buchholz.
- Giancarlo Stanton is 2-for-3 (.666) with two home runs in his career against today’s starter, Mike Minor.
- Ian Desmond is 2-for-16 (.125) in his career against today’s starter, R.A. Dickey.
- Jose Bautista is 1-for-10 (.100) in his career against today’s starter, Jake Peavy.
- Miguel Cabrera is 4-for-23 (.174) in his career against today’s starter, Derek Lowe.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Matthew Dewoskin previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Albert Lang is here to tell you why streaks matter in this week’s Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-Stars.
- Don’t miss today’s edition of Lenny Melnick’s award-winning podcast where he recaps yesterday’s action and spends some extra time devoted to Ivan Nova and Bud Norris.
- Make sure you check out Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the rest of the crew on last night’s Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show!
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, including Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, and Strength of Schedule.